Are you the Forest Carbon Specialist that WWF is looking for?
We now offer a new position as Forest Carbon Advisor where the right candidate will be working with forest landscape programs and nature-based climate change solutions in Africa, Asia and South America.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about sustainable development and have several years of relevant experience from working with forest carbon projects, research or consultancy.
We expect that you have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience from business, consultancy or research
- Demonstrated experience with the application and use of forest carbon accounting approaches and methodologies
- Experience with identification, design and implementation of projects aiming at nature-based carbon sequestration and storage
- Demonstrated knowledge on forest conservation, national and international REDD+ policy frameworks, carbon standards and certification processes e.g. VCS and CCB Standards
- Good understanding of forest ecosystems in both tropical and temperate regions
- Well-developed collaboration skills and is passionate about partnerships involving multiple stakeholders across various sectors, geographies and cultural backgrounds
- Strategic sense and is self-propelled
- A well-structured way of working, and can run several projects at a time without losing oversight
- A passion for the future of the planet
You will be working with a broad range of tasks:
- Providing technical and strategic advice on forest carbon accounting and nature-based climate change solutions
- Assessing carbon and climate change mitigation potentials of current and new projects
- Conducting quality assurance of carbon accounting by third party data providers
- Screening climate change risks of projects and programs
- Developing strategy and programs on nature-based solutions for climate change mitigation
- A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international organization
- An inspiring, interdisciplinary and innovative work environment with skillful and dedicated colleagues who are passionate to make a difference
- A position with an opportunity to work internationally, based in Copenhagen
- A chance to make a difference to sustainable development
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. The duty station will be in the WWF-Denmark office in Copenhagen, with up to 6 weeks of international travel per year.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Section for Forest, Freshwater and Climate at WWF-Denmark, Agnete Schønau Winther, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will have ongoing interviews as we receive relevant applications, so send your CV and a motivated application as soon as possible, and no later than 23rd January 2020 to email@example.com with ‘forest carbon advisor’ in the email topic.
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the world's largest and most influential environmental organizations. We are working for a future where humans live in harmony with nature. We are a knowledge-based organization that collaborates solution-focused and constructive with all sectors of society. WWF Denmark is part of the global WWF network, represented in more than 100 countries.